How to find a Profitable niche for your blog!
If you are an online entrepreneur chances are that you have constantly been searching and wondering how to find a profitable niche for your blog. You will already know that it is no easy task. In fact it can be quite a challenge.
You will also have heard of the most advice given out to people seeking a niche for their blog. Everybody says that you will succeed by launching a blog based on something that you really have a passion for. This is far from being easy. What if a person has more than one passion? How do you even start to find a blog subject that is related to your passion?
While it is true that your chances of success will improve dramatically when you do a blog that covers something that you are really interested in, the big challenge is being able to identify something that will be viable and at the same time work brilliantly for you.
Actually all the answers are inside you. You just need to interview yourself and establish what you really enjoy doing. While you are undertaking this stage of the exercise forget about the money for a while or how viable the whole thing is. Just focus on finding out what you would really enjoy doing every day of your life if money and earning a living were not an issue for you. It is quite possible that you will come up with more than one thing that you would really enjoy doing. Don’t worry about it, just list them all.
The next stage will not be to analyze what you have come up with in the previous step and find a way to make it a viable blog topic. Luckily there are many ways to monetize a blog and so you do not need to give up too easily.
One helpful tool that can help you identify the perfect profitable niche for your blog is to do some keyword research. You will be amazed by the many ideas that will come flooding in as you go through keywords related to your passion.
Yet another way to help you learn how to find a profitable niche for your blog is to carefully look at what your competitors are doing and find gaps and aspects of interest that they have neglected. One way of doing this is to read through the comments section of the most popular blog in the particular niche that you have chosen. You are bound to find plenty of ideas there, from actual prospects that are missing out on something, which you can cash in on.
Once you have made a decision and have found your profitable niche for blog profits you will need to do further keyword research, this time to establish how popular the niche really is. There is no point getting involved with a blog subject that is of little or no interest to the vast majority of people you are targeting. The FREE keyword research tool is great and will give you actual figures from the previous month detailing the popularity of any keyword phrase you can think of and their synonyms.
- Offers rough suggested daily search volumes by market for Google, Yahoo!, and MSN.*
- Links the search volumes to the related global search results.
- Provides links to price estimate tools from Google AdWords. That Google AdWords tool shows the necessary bid to rank #1 for 85% of queries, and roughly how much traffic you could expect AdWords to send you based on that bid price and ad position.
- Links to Google Trends, Google Suggest, Google Synonyms, Yahoo! Suggest, and Keyword Discovery keyword research results.
- Links to various vertical databases like Topix.net, Google Blogsearch, and Del.icio.us to let you know if people are talking about your topic and what types of resources they are referencing.
- If you sign up for a free Wordtracker account they offer many additional keyword research features and tools that are lacking in our basic keyword tool.
Once you have your Wordtracker account you can start doing your keyword research and find the most profitable keywords. This is a crucial part that will depend on the success of your blog.